The rise and fall of Travis Kalanick, Uber's embattled billionaire founder who just resigned as CEO
Eight years ago, Travis Kalanick launched a startup called UberCab in San Francisco.Today, Uber is a global behemoth and one of Silicon Valley's most successful companies - and one of the most contentious.
The 40-year-old Kalanick is now said to have a net worth of more than $6 billion.But Uber - and Kalanick - have been caught up in one scandal after another in recent months, leading to a four-month investigation, more than 20 firings, and finally, Kalanick's resignation from the company he created.
Here's how it all began.Maya Kosoff contributed to an earlier version of this post.
- IAMAI-BACC appoints India’s first cyber security coordinator Dr Gulshan Rai as its Advisory Board Member
- Here are the top most awaited Indian web series of 2021 as per YouGov's survey
- Nykaa will spend its IPO money on setting up retail stores and repaying loans
- Ola Scooter launch date set for August 15 – here’s everything you need to know
- Facebook employees asked to wear masks at offices due to rising Covid cases