The top-end Surface Book costs £250 more than the equivalent MacBook Pro
Comparison of the Surface Book (which has a 13.5-inch display) to the 13-inch MacBook Pro is problematic as the latter can't be upgraded to include a 1TB SSD, but the 15-inch model can be. Microsoft set the tone by showing a slide with a side-by-side of the Book and Pro on stage during the unveiling.The equivalent MacBook Pro - which has an Intel Core i7 CPU, 16GB of RAM, and a 1TB SSD - costs $2,799 (£1,800). Adding the 1TB SSD is the most expensive aspect of the two laptops, adding $800 (£515) to the MacBook Pro and $1,100 (£710) to the Surface Book. Advertisement
Even at its starting price of $1,499 (£999) the Surface Book is an expensive machine that will only appeal to power users or people who would otherwise buy a MacBook. For this reason, the extra $400 charge for the same amount of storage could be problematic.
- Punjab reports 5 deaths, 172 new cases as COVID-19 count surpasses 6K
- Assam Raj Bhavan campus declared containment zone after 2 COVID-19 cases
- Five more test positive for COVID-19 in Chandigarh; tally rises to 459
- Manipur official allays fears of COVID-19 community transmission
- Reliance Foundation Young Champs conferred two-star academy status by AFC