These North American cities have the best public transit systems
Global consultancy firm Arcadis put together its first-ever Sustainable Cities Mobility Index so people can evaluate how their homes' public transit system compares to ones in other cities.
Arcadis evaluated three factors to create the ranking: people, profit, and planet. These factors allow the firm to analyze things like hours of operation, transportation coverage, reliability, efforts to lower emissions and congestion, and average time spent commuting.
Arcadis said North American cities rank low on the global index because so many cities are designed to support the personal vehicle over public transit. Despite their overall low score, some North American cities still reign supreme over others.
Scroll down to see Arcadis' ranking of public transit systems in North America:
- Girish Mathrubootham, the son of a retired bank officer who built a $13 billion company in just 10 years
- A couple who traveled to 48 states in an RV share 17 things they would never go on a trip without
- The Taliban is bringing back executions and cutting off hands as punishment after retaking control of Afghanistan
- Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
- Best baby swing cradle and chair in India
- China's FUD drags down Bitcoin, Ether and other cryptocurrencies yet again
- The India Chapter of the International Advertising Association elects Megha Tata as its President for a second term
- The beer ‘cartel’ of Kingfisher, Budweiser and Carlsberg have to cough up ₹870 crore in fines