These are the 10 best countries for computer programming - and the US didn't make the list
HackerRank is a free coding practice website that allows developers to hone their coding skills by solving challenges. Based on the speed and accuracy with which people finish the challenges, HackerRank has ranked 1.5 million developers.
This study ranked which countries were best overall, which types of challenges were most popular, which countries dominated in each type of challenge, and which languages each country preferred.
While the United States and India have the most participants on the site, both countries put up disappointing numbers overall. The U.S. came in at 28th, while India was a few behind at 31st.
So who's in the top 10, and why?
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani