These are the 10 scariest cars of all time
Be afraid! Be very afraid!And here they are - enjoy!Advertisement
Wait! We mean ... run away screaming!
10. The Lamborghini Veneno looks like an alien warship on the prowl for unsuspecting planets to colonize. Is it cool? Absolutely. But it's kind of terrifying, too.
9. The "Deathmobile" is one of the most memorable relics of the 1978 comedy classic, "Animal House." The car's angry fangs, skull-and-crossbones, and prominently mounted bust of Lenin summarize the type of mayhem unleashed at Faber College by the men of Delta Tau Chi.Advertisement
8. The Maybach Exelero is dark and menacing. This car has only one rightful owner ...
... this guy. I guess there are perks to being on the Dark Side.Advertisement
7. The 1959 Buick Electra's retro and almost demonic looks surely make it one of the scariest rides on the road.
6. Long heralded by the European automotive press as a work of rolling art, the Alfa Romeo Brera's front end actually reminds me of this horrifying creature...Advertisement
... the "Brain Bug" from the 1997's "Starship Troopers."
5. The 1963 Mercedes-Benz 600 Grosser is a fright because it was the preferred transport of dictators and despots the world over. It went out of production in 1972.Advertisement
4. The Audi R8's menacing grille and piercing eyes remind you of this guy ...
... Scorpion from "Mortal Kombat." GET OVER HERE!Advertisement
3. The Batmobile from the film "Batman V Superman" looks like a battle tank, bristling with guns and ready to punish Gotham's evil-doers.
2. Clowns are scary. Goblins are scary. A tractor-trailer emblazoned with clowns and goblins while possessed by murderous aliens is downright terrifying. Thus, the Western Star 4800 semi-truck from the 1986 cult classic "Maximum Overdrive" finishes second in our countdown.Advertisement
1. But as scary as all of the other rides on the list may be, nothing puts the fear in drivers — palms sweaty, blood pressure rising — quite like a police car with flashing lights appearing in the rear-view mirror. And that's the way it should be! Drive safely this Halloween.