These are the screen sizes for next year's iPhone lineup, according to the most accurate Apple analyst
Hollis Johnson/Business Insider
- Apple could release three new iPhones with the same screen sizes as this year's models, TF International Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo predicted in a note for investors.
- Apple is also likely to use a new kind of antenna part in next year's models, according to the note seen by Business Insider.
- Kuo is widely known among Apple fans for detailing Apple products before they launch.
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
There are several reasons for the antenna change, according to Kuo, including that Apple has lower bargaining power against the current LCP suppliers and that the new technology can have equal performance to the LCP technology. Another point he made is that the new MPI technology will support the high-frequency bands needed for so-called "5G" or millimeter wave connectivity.From the note:
The estimation for LCP antenna shipments of new iPhone models will dip at least 70% YoY in 2H19. In total, six LCP antennae are currently being equipped in 2H18 new iPhone models (XS Max, XS, and XR). We predict that 2H19 new iPhone models, including the new 6.5" OLED, 5.8" OLED, and 6.1" LCD models, will adopt four MPI antennae and two LCP antennae. We believe that the two LCP antennae of 2H19 new iPhone models will be shipped exclusively by the Japanese supplier thanks to its better vertical integration capability.Kuo is widely known for predicting Apple products before they launch, with a focus on parts-suppliers that sell to Apple.
NOW WATCH: 7 places you can't find on Google Maps
- Let budget bring resurgence, TN CM Stalin advises officials
- Tokyo Olympics: PV Sindhu bags bronze medal in women's singles badminton for India
- GST revenue collection for July rises by 33% with ₹1,16,393 crore
- Policy ignition: India's satellite navigation sector set for higher growth trajectory
- COVID-19 cases in Kerala are spiking due to good detection, better reporting and early easing of restrictions