This 22-year-old intern just spent 40 days living in his car - here's how he still managed to show up for work every day in a suit
When Levi Joseph scored a manufacturing internship in Seattle for his last summer before graduating college, he waited a little too long to scope out a place to stay."I was kind of foolish - I didn't realize what the situation was like in Seattle," 22-year-old Joseph told Business Insider. By the time he began hunting for a place to stay in the spring, housing stock was low, and the places he saw were listed for $1,200 to $1,400 a month. Finally, the UT Austin senior found a local friend with a roommate moving out.Advertisement
"He had somewhere for July through August, but I needed June through August," Joseph said. "There was a 40-day period I didn't have housing."
So, inspired by a story from a friend he'd met biking across the US last year, he decided he could spend that time living in his Subaru Outback. Concerned about having a safe place to park, he booked a space at a campground in the suburbs through Airbnb for about $600.Below, he shared with Business Insider how he balanced nights in the car with days at the office.
- Samsung Galaxy F series to launch in India during Flipkart Big Billion Days sale in October
- Sony WF-H800 truly wireless earbuds launched in India at ₹14,990
- Sensex down 7% this week, sees the second-worst fall this year— these are the reasons behind the sell-off
- Realme Narzo 20 Pro to on sale in India on September 25
- Sharechat raises $40 million from Twitter, Pawan Munjal, SAIF Partners and others