This Instagram account has earned more than 5 million followers for its travel photos - here's what makes them so beautiful
Beautiful Destinations account currently boasts a whopping 5.2 million followers.
The account posts photos from a variety of sources, whether they were taken by one of Beautiful Destinations' in-house photographers, popular Instagram users they officially work with, or by other Instagrammers that happen to post great travel photos and hashtag them #beautifuldestinations.
Founded by Jauncey in 2012, Beautiful Destinations has grown to become one of the most successful Instagram accounts out there. They've become so successful, in fact, that they've started helping other companies build out their social media presence. Their client list now includes top media publications, hotels, airlines, and tourism boards.
(That 5.2 million follower count, by the way, is just for the Beautiful Destinations account - Jauncey and his team also run accounts dedicated to photos of hotels, food, and luxury products and experiences, with a total following of more than 8 million.)
Their secret, Jauncey says, is tapping into specifc visual elements that they know will make photos appealing to Instagram users.
We spoke with Jauncey to find out what makes their travel photos so compelling.
- India has fewer undernourished people now but obesity and anaemia are on the rise
- Sensex climbs up 500 points; Nifty goes above 16,000 on positive global cues
- Tata's Timex brand turns single-use plastic into a durable watch
- European Parliament backs green label for gas and nuclear power
- Indians are the most fearless travellers in APAC — 4 in 5 are considering taking off in the next 12 months