This Is What Movies Would Look Like Without Visual Effects
This year, "Gravity," "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug," "Iron Man 3," and "Star Trek Into Darkness" are all nominated for visual effects Oscars.
Would you recognize any of those films without their added special effects?
We've gathered together images from visual effects studios Industrial Light & Magic, Framestore, Sony Pictures Imageworks, and Rhythm & Hues along with visual effects software company Imagineer Systems to show what popular movies would look like without added effects.
From Oscar-nominated films to box-office successes see what popular movies would look like without effects.
Popular on BI
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- You can buy more Yeezys today, if you can get past the app crashes and error messages
- Wedding bells drive two-wheeler sales in May, passenger vehicles cruise on SUVs
- Future Lifestyle Insolvency: RP receives claims of ₹2,155.53 cr from financial creditors
- Behind the scenes: 2 in 3 Indian screenwriters lament lack of pay incentives
- Meta unveils VR headset 'Quest 3' ahead of Apple’s WWDC event
- May auto sales see Maruti, two-wheelers make a comeback; EVs accelerate