This Picture Was The First Email Attachment Ever Sent
Almost exactly 22 years ago, researcher Nathaniel Borenstein sent his colleagues the world's first-ever email attachment:
This adorable photo of his barbershop quartet, The Telephone Chords.The extension that Borenstein and his fellow researcher, Ned Freed, wrote back in 1992 (called Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension) is still used for every email attachment today.Advertisement
They created it because Borenstein said that he one day dreamed of being able to receive pictures of his grandchildren over email.
Head over to Quartz for a Q&A with Borenstein about Bitcoin and security, in honor of the web's 25th birthday.
- Assam registers record 1,202 new COVID-19 cases; tally crosses 11,000-mark
- Delhi govt asks DMs to start COVID-19 survey outside containment zones
- 1,168 new cases in Pune on Sat, COVID-19 count now 27,311
- Nitish Kumar, 14 Bihar CMO staffers test negative for COVID-19
- Bihar COVID-19 death toll reaches 88, infection tally climbs to 11,456