This chart highlights one of Europe's biggest problems
One region that has been hit particularly hard by this problem is Europe - both in its developed economies and its emerging ones.In a recent note to clients, Bank of America Merrill Lynch's Michael Hartnett and Brian Leung shared a chart showing the youth unemployment rates across EU countries.
Meanwhile, the countries with relatively low youth unemployment rates, including Denmark, the Czech Republic, and the Netherlands, are around 10%. Germany's is around 7%.Check out the full chart below. Note that some of the figures are from last year, given that not all countries publish official monthly data.
- India records 11,666 new COVID- 19 cases in last 24 hours
- Apple says one billion iPhones are now active around the world
- Delhi hit with a low intensity earthquake of 2.8 magnitude
- FMCG: The trends to watch out for in 2021
- Railways Budget 2021: Faster trains, higher funding and support for green railways — here’s what’s on the experts’ checklist