This chart shows very clearly why investors have lost faith in Twitter
Twitter reported earnings yesterday, and the stock is off about 4% today on news of stalled out user growth.
On its earnings call, Twitter cherry-picked some metrics that suggested user engagement was growing - that is, the people who use the service are doing more with it - but this chart from Statista shows very clearly why investors are losing faith: user growth on the service has been steadily slowing for the last four-plus years, and has finally ground to a halt.Maybe Twitter can become a viable business with 300 million or so users, but it won't become the next Facebook, where user growth just keeps on going. That's why Twitter is now worth $10 billion, down about 80% from its peak in late 2013.
- Public to be allowed to watch Karna assembly budget session
- Delhi Assembly's budget session to begin on March 8
- Patanjali’s Acharya Balkrishna is the biggest loser on Hurun’s Rich List of Indian billionaires
- Delhi CM announces Sharman Joshi-starrer movie 'Fauji Calling' tax free in Delhi
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Joe Root, and Kyle Mayers shortlist for ICC's Player of the month