This is where Google stores your photos and emails
In an essay about the future of Google, co-founder Sergey Brin shared a picture of where Google stores your emails and photos.
Google used to be notoriously secretive about its data centers and the custom hardware it designs and uses in them. And it still doesn't talk in detail about much of that stuff.But in the past year, as companies like Facebook and Microsoft have talked about all the new tech they've invented for data centers, particularly tech that makes them greener, consuming less energy, so, too, has Google begun to show off its state-of the art facilities. Advertisement
Below is the picture Brin used showing off the racks and racks of servers and computer storage Google uses to store your emails and photos.
Advances also made it possible to provide enterprise class email, featuring vast storage and search capabilities, to anyone in the world - for free; that's why we created Gmail. And, if you fast-forward to today, we recently harnessed continued improvements in storage cost and machine learning to create Google Photos, which lets everyone in the world safely keep, and search through, a lifetime of photos and videos.
- Spike in COVID-19 cases in Bengaluru, Hyderabad causes concern
- Sweet shop selling spl mysurpak as 'COVID-19 cure' sealed
- Over 12,000 COVID-19 tests in last 4 days in Noida
- Complete lockdown in Patna from July 10-16 as COVID-19 cases surge
- COVID-19: HC dismisses interim bail plea of Jigisha murder convict for being HIV positive