This photo of a little girl practicing a lockdown drill is going viral
When Michigan mom Stacey Feeley saw her 3-year-old standing on the toilet, she snapped a photo. She thought the picture was funny and planned to send it to her husband.
But then she found out her daughter was practicing for a lockdown drill she had learned at preschool - specifically, a technique for hiding from attackers or shooters in a bathroom stall.That chilling moment inspired Feeley to pen an impassioned Facebook post that's since gone viral.
Feeley published the post just three days after a gunman killed 49 people at Pulse nightclub in Orlando. It was the deadliest mass shooting in American history, and just one of 133 mass shootings that have happened so far in 2016."No one thinks gun control will be 100% crime control," Feeley wrote. "But maybe, just maybe, it helps 1% or 2% or 50%? Who knows unless we try?"
Here's the full post:
- Apophis, the ‘God of Chaos’ asteroid is speeding up — increasing the likelihood of it hitting Earth in 2068
- Sputnik V: RDIF seeks vaccine's speedy registration, prequalification from WHO
- Ankhi Das quits as Facebook's India public policy head
- States urged to adopt national approach: Niti Aayog on 'free vaccine'
- Analysts expect no surprises from Axis Bank in the second quarter — loan growth and collections to be slow