Top 10 Indian Startups and how they took off
The year 2015 was a definitive year for the Indian internet industry. As the economy continued to grow at a healthy 6-7%, the sluggish Chinese economy meant investors are looking at India with renewed interest. Nobody cashed in bigger than the e-commerce players.
Experts believe that while the Indian e-commerce market is currently pegged at $5 billion, the figure might leap to as much as $40-50 billion by 2020. A 2015 PwC report even states that Tier 2 and 3 cities have seen 30% to 50% rise in transactions.
With the rural and semi-rural markets catching up to the trend, no wonder the likes of internet startups are pulling out all their stocks to acquire customers with hefty discounts and schemes. However, while all this might seem very recent, it all started a while ago.
Here is a list of top 10 Indian startups that are riding the startup wave, and how they started.
- Andhra ASHA worker's death following Covid jab triggers protest
- Downloadable e-version of voter identity card to be launched on January 25
- Covid-19 test mandatory for guests attending Varun Dhawan's wedding
- First confirmed case of COVID-19 in pet reported in South Korea
- All iPhone 13 models to come with sensor-shift camera stabilisation, says report