Toyota and Pizza Hut are teaming up to make self-driving cars that could deliver pizza
- Toyota and Pizza Hut are launching a partnership that could lead to self-driving pizza cars.
- Toyota revealed an autonomous concept vehicle, the e-Palette, at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas on Monday.
- Pizza Hut introduced new delivery options in 2017, including ordering through Alexa-powered devices, mobile delivery tracking, and a trial for beer and wine deliveries.
Toyota and Pizza Hut are teaming up to make pizza delivery more efficient, which could eventually lead to self-driving pizza cars. The companies announced the partnership on Monday.
"We are focused on technology-based solutions that enable our team members and drivers to deliver even better customer experiences," Pizza Hut US president Artie Starrs said in a statement. "With Toyota, we are excited to be partnering with an undisputed leader in human mobility with a reputation for innovation, reliability and efficiency, as we define the pizza delivery experience of the future."
Toyota revealed the e-Palette, an autonomous concept vehicle, at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas on Monday. The car may one day be used by Pizza Hut to deliver and possibly cook pizzas. Toyota plans to start testing the vehicle as early as 2020.
The companies also plan to collect data from Pizza Hut's delivery vehicles this year to increase delivery efficiency and safety.
After losing market share to chains like Papa John's and Domino's in 2017, Pizza Hut changed its delivery algorithm and introduced new delivery options, including the ability to order through Alexa devices, a mobile delivery tracker that sends text updates, and a trial for beer and wine deliveries.
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- A boomer grandma advises on how to set boundaries with millennial kids when it comes to babysitting
- India's best relaxing holiday spots for peaceful retreats
- Inter-ministerial approval board can permit demarcation of non-processing area under IT sector SEZs
- Winter wellness: 10 Amla recipes to embrace this season
- ‘Confident’ Indians might splurge on big-ticket items in 2024
- Tata Power stock zooms ahead after brokerage on upgrade