Travis Kalanick says he walks 40 miles a week inside Uber's San Francisco headquarters
Steve Jennings/Getty Images
Besides running through Kalanick's youth and his past entrepreneurial endeavors, the complimentary story talks about the company's ambitions in China and its UberPool initiatives.Writer Max Chafkin spent five months reporting the story and spending tons of time with Kalanick, who has been a bit press-shy in the past year.
One of those habits includes walking 40 miles a week inside Uber's San Francisco office.Uber's SF headquarters has a walking track on its fourth floor. To be specific, "there is a two-foot-wide walking track, delineated by a stenciled pattern of the San Francisco city grid, running around the perimeter of the open-plan office," Fast Company reports.
The track is a quarter-mile long, and Kalanick says he walks 40 miles, or the equivalent of 160 laps. It's where he goes to think, Kalanick tells Fast Company.You can read Fast Company's full profile on Travis Kalanick and Uber here.
- October auto sales estimates — Here’s what to expect from Maruti, M&M, Hero, Bajaj Auto, and other automakers
- Upcoming bike launches in November: From Ducati Multistrada to Royal Enfield Meteor and KTM 250, to 2021 Honda CB1000R, here’s the list
- Researchers identify new drug to treat Covid-19 patients
- Ice drug worth 2 crore seized, 2 held
- Nearly a third of RIL’s profit is shaved off by the dent in refining