Trump responds to news of Jeff Bezos' divorce: 'I wish him luck. It's going to be a beauty'
- Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos announced this week they would be getting divorced after 25 years of marriage.
- President Donald Trump, who has been a vocal critic of Amazon and its CEO, was asked a question about Bezos' split on Thursday when he stopped to answer reporter questions outside the White House.
- Trump wished the Amazon CEO luck, and said the divorce is "going to be a beauty."
President Donald Trump predicted Jeff Bezos' divorce will be "a beauty" when he was asked about the Amazon CEO outside of the White House on Thursday.partial government shutdown, the president is planning to visit cities along the US-Mexico border to attempt to garner support for his proposed wall.
"I wish him luck," Trump told reporters Thursday morning when asked about Bezos' divorce. "It's going to be a beauty."
Jeff Bezos posted Wednesday on his Twitter account that he and his wife would be splitting amicably "after a long period of loving exploration and trial separation." Tabloids have since reported the Amazon CEO has been quietly dating former TV news anchor Lauren Sanchez.
The Bezoses met even before Amazon launched, and with reportedly no prenup in place, MacKenzie Bezos is poised to become one of Amazon's largest shareholders after Jeff Bezos' $137 billion fortune and 16% stake in the e-commerce giant is likely divided up in the divorce settlement.
- Read more on the Bezoses' divorce:
- Even if Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos don't split his $137 billion fortune evenly, she still has a chance at becoming the world's richest woman
- Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos are getting divorced, and they announced it smack in the middle of 'divorce month'
- MacKenzie Bezos has been part of Amazon lore since before the company began, driving across the US with her husband Jeff as he wrote out his business plan in 1994
- Billionaires Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos may be divorcing, but research suggests the richer people are, the more likely they are to get - and stay - married
Trump on Jeff Bezos' divorce: "I wish him luck, I wish him luck. It's going to be a beauty." pic.twitter.com/M81dR1kbgl- Bob Bryan (@RobertBryan4) January 10, 2019