Trump says he did say Tim Cook, he just said 'Cook' really quietly
- US President Donald Trump says he called Apple CEO Tim Cook, "Tim Cook Apple," not "Tim Apple."
- Axios reported that Trump defended his remark during an evening with donors at his Mar-a-Lago Florida retreat.
- Trump was widely ridiculed for the "Tim Apple" comment, and even Cook himself took it in good humor.
Donald Trump is trying to style out one of his more bizarre moments.The US president was widely ridiculed last week when he referred to Apple CEO Tim Cook as "Tim Apple" during a meeting at the White House.
Trump was entertaining donors at his Mar-a-Lago Florida retreat on Friday night, and told the audience that he actually said "Tim Cook Apple," he just said it quickly and his pronunciation of "Cook" was quiet.He later turned to his favourite line of attack, Axios said, calling out the "fake news" for focusing on the "Tim Apple" remark. Axios said donors in the room were mystified. "I just thought, why would you lie about that," one said.Here's a video of the moment again, so you can decide for yourself:
Trump just called Apple CEO Tim Cook "Tim Apple" pic.twitter.com/gTHHtjWvc9- Sean O'Kane (@sokane1) 6 March 2019
- 2020 US Presidential election to be most expensive in history, expected to cost $14 billion
- COVID-19 vaccine updates: Pfizer, Moderna to roll out COVID-19 vaccine by December
- BYJU'S backer Lightspeed India invests in a live tutoring platform Teachmint
- Best mid-range smartphones for everyday use
- Germany introduces strict 'contact restrictions' to tackle the rising number of coronavirus cases