Turkish Airlines Has A Simple Plan To Continue Dominating The Global Airline Industry
One of the world's fastest growing airlines, it's adding destinations and buying
And it's collecting tons of awards, including the Skytrax award for "Best Airline in Europe," announced at the Paris Air Show in June.
In an interview, Turkish Airlines CEO Dr. Temel Kotil said his company excels by offering top of the line service, but also benefits from its geographical position.
"We are in the center," he explained, which makes it easy to connect growing markets in Asia, Africa, and the Middle East with established areas like Europe.
It helps that passenger numbers in
Asked how the carrier plans to continue that pace of growth, Kotil said it was focused on adding destinations. Turkish Airlines already reaches more than 230 airports in 103 countries. Since May 20, it has issued ten different press releases announcing new destinations.
Along with more destinations come more airplanes. Today, the carrier has 228 aircraft in its employ — "still not enough," Kotil said.
That will nearly double by 2020, to 415 planes, according to Kotil. The current fleet is mostly narrowbody (single aisle) aircraft, and the airline would consider ordering bigger, more advanced aircraft like the Boeing 787 Dreamliner and Airbus A350, which tout fuel efficiency as a key feature.
While Kotil acknowledged the high cost of fuel (which accounted for 33% of global airline operating costs in 2012), he said that adding capacity to meet demand is more important for now than buying more economical planes.
"It's okay whatever you have," he said.
- Best nose pins for those without piercing in India
- Best high speed blenders in India
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons