Twitter updated its most underrated feature to make it look more like Facebook
The social media service is adding read receipts, typing indicators and web link previews to their direct messaging features.The changes could help make Twitter's messaging features a more important part of its service, which has been struggling to grow its audience and keep up with competitors.Advertisement
If the messages in the video look familiar to you, it's probably because the new features are similar to what Facebook offers in its messaging app. Facebook's Messenger app is known for its web link previews, typing indicators and, perhaps most notably, read receipts - the special indicators which let you know who has seen your message and which unlike in Apple's iMessage tool, you can't turn off.Twitter has not announced plans to launch an entirely different app for direct messaging, as Facebook did when it separated Messenger from its main social networking app.
- JioMart now delivers in nearly 200 locations across India
- JP Morgan chief economist forecasts 'strong rebound' in Indian markets
- Three ways TCS, Infosys and other IT giants in India are trying to cut costs — but it’s not going to increase their profitability
- Here’s how TCS and MeritTrac solutions aim to stop candidates from cheating during online exams
- Bank mitra robbed of cash worth Rs 3.5 lakh in Mathura