Uber is raising another $2 billion at a $62.5 billion valuation
Citing papers filed with the state of Delaware, the ride-hailing organization is looking to raise another $2.1 billion at a $62.5 billion valuation. The New York Times reported in October that the company was looking to raise $1 billion in the same valuation range.Tiger Global Management and T. Rowe Price have closed their investments in the latest round, but Uber is still on the hunt for other strategic investors, according to Bloomberg's report. The latest round is still ongoing, but will be capped at the $2.1 billion mark, according to sources.
In July, Uber closed a $1 billion Series F round of fundraising, bringing its total raised to $6.91 billion at a $52 billion valuation, according to PitchBook. In August, Uber's China arm closed its own $1 billion round to specifically take on Didi Kuaidi.With its new valuation, the startup solidifies its lead as the most valuable private company in tech. Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi has the second-largest valuation at $46 billion.
NOW WATCH: Here's how to find out your Uber rating
- The creative process: The journey from a brief to 'Final_final.jpg'
- Top stocks to watch on January 27
- IMF projects 11.5% growth rate for India in 2021, only major economy to record double digit growth
- Connaught Place to remain shut as farmers' tractor parade turns violent
- After violent clashes with police, farmers swarm Red Fort