Veteran pollster: This GOP candidate had the 'lowest score ever' in my focus group
AP Photo/Morry Gash
"When a bank is going under and people are going to lose their life savings, you don't say you have to deal with philosophical concerns," Kasich said."Philosophy doesn't work when you run something."
It wasn't just audience members who didn't seem to appreciate Kasich's message: Veteran pollster Frank Luntz said that Kasich registered the "lowest score ever" in his focus group:
Kasich just scored the lowest ever in my focus group.His support of bailouts "for people who can afford it" scored an 8. #GOPDebate- Frank Luntz (@FrankLuntz) November 11, 2015
"Kasich tried to take control of the debate by grabbing the mic from the outset. He aggressively positioned himself as the moderate in the field," Robert O'Brien, a former adviser to Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) told Business Insider in an email. "The problem for him is that the GOP primary voters skew conservative."
Others put Kasich's performance more bluntly.
Debate RatingsRubio: on topCarly: back Cruz: base heatBush: survivedCarson: mehTrump: old man yellsRand: is his DadKasich: go. Away.- Rick Wilson (@TheRickWilson) November 11, 2015
The overwhelming consensus on conservative Twitter feeds tonight--Kasich cemented his fall.- Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngle) November 11, 2015
Doing radio in Ohio tonight and all the Ohioans are calling in to apologize for Kasich.- Erick Erickson (@EWErickson) November 11, 2015
- Best fully automatic washing machines for effortless washing in India
- India is seeking details on the rise in Swiss bank deposits from the South Asian country
- A UN report says India's new IT rules do not conform with international human rights norms
- Legendary Indian sprinter Milkha Singh to be cremated with state honours in Chandigarh
- Father’s Day 2021 -- here is a list of some memorable quotes and greetings