Warren Buffett says bitcoin 'definitely will come to a bad ending'
Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images
- "What's going on definitely will come to a bad ending," said Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway's CEO, on cryptocurrencies.
- Buffett told CNBC the firm will never have a position in cryptocurrencies.
Berkshire Hathaway CEO Warren Buffett said Wednesday that the firm had no interest in jumping on the cryptocurrency bandwagon.
"If I could buy a five-year put on every one of the cryptocurrencies, I'd be glad to do it," Buffett said, referring to options trades that would profit from price declines.He said Berkshire Hathaway remained focused on identifying good businesses and investing in them.
The conglomerate announced Wednesday that it was expanding its board, adding Gregory E. Abel and Ajit Jain as directors to boost its size to 14 members.Buffett and Charlie Munger, Berkshire Hathaway's vice chairman, will keep their positions on the board.Get the latest Bitcoin price here.>>
- Macrotech Developers IPO — here is how to check share allotment status
- PL 2021: Here’s a look at how Punjab Kings vs CSK play against each other
- Goa and Gurugram recorded highest single day of covid 19 cases today
- Wipro fears it may lose its employees to competitors as there is an explosion of IT jobs
- Citibank to exit consumer banking business in India