Watch as a defending Olympic champion painfully face-plants after falling off the high bar
Getty Images/Dean Mouhtaropoulos
But his dreams of repeat Olympic gold were dashed when his hands slipped from the bar during a difficult release move. Zonderland fell hard, landing face down on the mat. And when he didn't immediately rebound, the crowd grew so quiet that the only sound in the stadium was the rattling of the bar itself.Thankfully, after a few seconds, Zonderland was back on his feet and appeared unharmed - though he was sporting a red mark right where his forehead slapped the mat. He bravely finished the routine without any further errors, but ended up finishing seventh out of eight competitors.
- Wholesale growth expected to continue for tractors, passenger vehicles and two-wheelers, says equity research firm Emkay
- Centre finalises One District One Focus Product to promote in cluster approach
- A Mumbai-based EV startup launched the cheapest electric car with a 200 km range
- HP's worldwide shipments grow 5.6% in fourth quarter of 2020, says IDC
- NITI Aayog proposes price of COVID-19 between ₹300-500