We put Siri, Alexa, Google Assistant, and Cortana through a marathon of tests to see who's winning the virtual assistant race - here's what we found
Business Insider/Yu Han
As the Amazon Echo continues to be a runaway hit, all the big players are convinced that talking to an AI will soon become the dominant way we interact with our computers.
So they've started building. Apple has Siri, Amazon has Alexa, Microsoft has Cortana, and Google has the new and refreshed Google Assistant.
The tech has come a long way, but all of these companies openly admit that it's very early days for this proposed future. As such, all of these assistants are far from polished.
But which one works best? I strapped in for 8 hours of robot conversations to find out, testing each of the big four assistants across a variety of categories. Here's how it went:
Disclosure: Jeff Bezos is an investor in Business Insider through hispersonal investment company Bezos Expeditions.
- Rupee gains 10 paise to close at 82.28 against US dollar
- Sensex, Nifty50 log declines to close the week in red – IT, PSU banks and energy stocks drag
- Over 1.83 lakh Indians renounced their citizenship till October says external affairs ministry
- BharatPe files arbitration to claw back co-founder Ashneer Grover's unvested 1.4% shares
- Two Adani Group companies rule as the top all-round wealth creators – here are a few other unexpected entries