What Americans spend on an engagement ring in each state, ranked from lowest to highest
- An engagement ring is an expensive purchase - Americans spend an average of $6,351.
- But when broken down by state, the average amount ranges from $3,518 to $10,241.
- People in California spend the most on engagement rings, while those in Utah spend the least.
The average American spends $6,351 on an engagement ring according to The Knot's 2017 Real Weddings Study.
There are many factors that go into pricing a diamond engagement ring. Diamonds are graded and priced based on the "four C's," which include cut, carat, color, and clarity. The "cut grade" of a diamond not only determines its "sparkle" effect, but also its price - for example, a one carat round shaped diamond with an "ideal" cut grade can range from around $2,000 up to $12,857 at Ritani depending on its grade for clarity and color.
We asked the sales team at Ritani, an online diamond retailer that specializes in engagement rings, to dive deeper into the statistics and find the average price paid for an engagement ring across the US during 2017.
Below we've ranked the average amount of money spent on an engagement ring in each state, from lowest to highest.
- 479 leaked photos purporting to show Putin's secret palace, with an ice rink and pole-dancing room, published by Navalny foundation
- SEBI is hiring young graduate professionals for a monthly stipend of ₹60,000, last date is January 25
- The first pig-heart transplant patient was denied a human heart after failing to follow doctors' orders
- Decentralised file sharing, movie streaming, and much more — these are top five Web3 cryptocurrencies to keep an eye on in 2022
- This Indian couple plans to get married in a Hogwarts-themed metaverse to beat the pandemic's restrictions
- Here are some of Netaji’s inspirational quotes as India remembers its valiant fighter
- Lifecycle of cryptocurrencies – From creation to trade and destruction
- Reliance Industries net profit more than triples in the last eight quarters to $2.8 billion