What Americans spend on every part of their wedding budget, from the engagement ring to the wedding dress to the venue
- A wedding budget is essential when planning for your big day.
- On average, Americans spend $33,391 on their weddings, with the venue and engagement ring being the most expensive.
- Seemingly small details can drive up a wedding budget, including the floral arrangements, transportation, and party favors.
Deciding how to break down your wedding budget can be overwhelming.Americans spend $33,391 on average for their weddings, according to the The Knot's 2017 Real Weddings Study. Much of the average wedding budget is spent on the venue itself.Advertisement
However, other factors - including the floral arrangments, catering, and party favors - can drive up a wedding budget if you aren't careful.
The amount of guests is also a contributing factor to the overall wedding budget. While there's a current trend toward hosting fewer guests, the average cost per guest is increasing. That's because couples want to create a unique and memorable experience for all those involved, The Knot found.
Jenny Cheng/Business Insider
Below, see how couples across the US spend their wedding budget for their big day. Prices listed first represent the average spender, according to The Knot's survey, while prices listed second represent the highest spender.
Venue (reception hall): $15,163 - $42,801
Engagement ring: $5,764 - $13,933Advertisement
Reception band: $4,019 - $7,145
Photographer: $2,630 - $5,130Advertisement
Florist/decor: $2,379 - $6,050
Ceremony site: $2,311 - $2,966Advertisement
Wedding/event planner: $1,988 - $3,775
Videographer: $1,912 - $3,214Advertisement
Wedding dress: $1,509 - $3,158
Rehearsal dinner: $1,285 - $3,197Advertisement
Reception DJ: $1,231 - $2,300
Transportation: $830 - $1,388Advertisement
Ceremony musicians: $761 - $1,249
Wedding cake: $540 - $1,097Advertisement
Invitations: $408 - $1,098
Groom's attire: $284 - $463Advertisement
Officiant: $284 - $491
Favors: $252 - $488Advertisement
Catering (per person): $70 - $154
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store