WhatsApp's Insane Growth Continues: 100 Million New Users in 4 Months
WhatsApp cofounder and CEO Jan Koum said on Monday that the messaging app has topped 700 million monthly active users.
In a Facebook post, Koum wrote, "Today, we're thrilled to share that WhatsApp has more than 700 million monthly active users. Additionally, every day our users now send over 30 billion messages."
As crazy as it sounds, WhatsApp's massive growth is on pace with what it saw over the past year. Just a little over four months ago, in late August, WhatsApp announced that it surpassed 600 million monthly active users.
Here's a graph that shows its insane growth:
- Vedanta, Dish TV, Sansera Engineering, IT and other top stocks to watch out for on September 24
- K'taka Assembly passes supplementary budget of Rs 10,265 crore
- Sports NFT platforms have racked up nearly $1 billion in funding this week alone, despite market slump
- COVID-19 virus likely to get weaker and become a common cold, says Oxford-AstraZeneca vax creator
- Best teether for growing baby in India