Where Chechnya Is On A Map
The suspects who allegedly carried out the Boston Marathon bombings — Tamerlan and Dzhokar Tsarnaev — are from a war-torn and turbulent region of Russia known as Chechnya, according to reports.
Here's where Chechnya is on a map.
Following the First Chechen War from 1994 to 1996, Chechnya gained independence from Russia. However, the Second Chechen war from 1999 to 2000 brought Chechnya back under Russian rule, and a nine-year insurgency period followed. It's not clear how much time the brothers spent in Russia.
It's estimated the brothers came to the U.S. in 2002 or 2003.
Here's a closer look at the location:
- An overlooked group of borrowers will be hit hard as student loan repayments resume, former Fed economist says
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- Robin Williams' daughter says she finds AI recreations of her father's voice 'personally disturbing'
- Survey shows people find no improvement in public toilets across country
- Sebi extends deadline for listed cos to confirm or deny market rumours
- Tom Hanks, a dental plan promotion and an AI
- New 'inverse vaccine' shows potential to treat multiple sclerosis, diabetes: Study
- TDP leaders stage hunger strike In Delhi against arrest of Chandrababu Naidu