Why Bananas Are The Best-Selling Item At Wal-Mart
Walmart Media Relations
While America's largest retailer doesn't disclose just how many bananas it sells, the number has to be immense considering that more than 200 million people shop in its stores worldwide every week.We asked Wal-Mart spokeswoman Brooke Buchanan why bananas are perennially popular.
Bananas are popular because they have "long been the cheapest food at the grocery store," Dan Koeppel wrote in his 2008 book "Banana: The Fate of the Fruit That Changed the World."Koeppel also writes that Americans consume as many bananas as apples and oranges combined.
- Google pledges $5 million to address disparities in COVID-19 vaccinations
- Maruti Suzuki completes two million vehicle exports since 1986-87
- New tool spots to identify security and privacy issues with COVID-19 tracing apps
- Countdown begins for PSLV rocket's one of longest missions
- Cisco partners with Nasscom and AICTE to offer 20,000 virtual internships in cybersecurity