Why Michael Phelps won't stay retired, according to his fiancee
"Then again, you never know. Maybe he misses it so much and maybe Boomer convinces him that he has to go back so Boomer can remember it," Johnson said.Plus, there's always the addition of a new member of their family to consider down the line.
"[Maybe] We'll have somebody else who's like, 'Why am I not in those pictures?' Maybe that will push Michael enough to go back," she theorized to Cosmo.And so, while Phelps is currently adamant that he won't be competing in Tokyo, there's still a glimmer of hope that we'll get to witness him competing once again.Of course, Phelps' teammate Ryan Lochte has already predicted that he'll be back in the water in no time.Advertisement
"I guarantee he will be there," Lochte told NBC. "I think so, I really think so. So Michael, I'll see you in Tokyo."
Check out Johnson's full interview - where she discusses everything from her wedding plans to Lochte's scandal - here.
- IT and media employees are in no hurry to get back to office — not until there are proper policies in place
- Here’s a look back at Rahat Indori’s famous poetry and shayari
- Industrial production declines 16.6% in June due to lower output of manufacturing, mining and power generation
- Urdu poet Rahat Indori dies in Indore hospital after testing positive for COVID-19
- Most of the world’s youngest people, particularly Gen Zers, live in these countries