Why you should get the $200 Apple Watch Series 3 over the brand-new Apple Watch Series 5
- On September 10, Apple announced the Apple Watch Series 5, which will start at $399 for GPS models, and $499 for cellular models.
- Apple will continue selling the Apple Watch Series 3, which starts at $199 for GPS models and $299 for cellular models.
- For roughly half the price, the Series 3 has nearly all the same features as the Series 5, making it a smarter buy.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The Apple Watch Series 5, the newest edition of Apple's smartwatch, was announced last week at Apple's annual keynote. The Series 5 will be available beginning on September 20.The Series 5 starts at $399 with GPS only, and at $499 for GPS and cellular. However, the price can easily climb much higher if you're interested in using the new Apple Watch Studio to customize your band and case. A stainless steel case, for example, immediately bumps you up to at least $699, and titanium costs $799.Advertisement
The Apple Watch Series 3 has a more reasonable size.
For a much lower price, the Series 3 gives you most of the same health features.Advertisement
With the Series 3, you get basically all the must-haves: Apple Pay, 18-hour battery life, and water resistance.
The Apple Watch Series 3's price makes it a clear winner over the Series 5Advertisement
- Assam breaches 500-mark in COVID-19 cases, 156 new infections
- Assam breaches 500-mark in COVID-19 cases, 147 new infections
- Rajasthan eases lockdown norms, allows taxis, auto rickshaws to operate in red zones
- Bihar reports 163 fresh COVID cases, tally climbs to 2,737
- UP records 8 more COVID-related deaths; 229 fresh cases take tally to 6,497