Will Today's Jobs Report Be A Blowout?
Today is the best day of the month: Jobs Day!
Analysts expect around 200K new jobs, but there's a growing sense that today could be bigger - much bigger.Writing in POLITICO's Morning Money, Ben White writes: "Recent data including the ADP payroll report suggest the jobs number could top 200,000 today (and maybe get closer to 300,000) with the unemployment rate possibly falling below 7 percent for the first time since November of 2008."Advertisement
Indeed, as this table from Deutsche Bank shows, there's been a slow of data indicating that December was a very strong month for the jobs market.
The other narrative is the most interesting story in the market, and that concerns the increasing tendency of traders to question whether the Fed will really stay on hold for a long time.
We'll be covering the number LIVE at 8:30 AM ET.
- AIIMS, Rishikesh dedicates new 100-bed ward to COVID-19 patients
- Three India returnees test positive for COVID-19 in Singapore
- Maha: NCP corporator from Pimpri Chinchwad dies of COVID-19
- Scientists strike note of caution as 'Made in India' vaccine programme gains momentum
- Goa: Doctor in charge of COVID-19 treatment returns home after 98 days