You are not safe. Cyber attacks to steal consumer data rose by 200% in 2015
This is a very bad news for netizens. Cyber criminals have devised what is now called ‘fake technical support’ model to steal consumer data. According to a report by security software firm
"With close to 5 lakh attacks last year, India ranked 11 amongst countries targeted the most by tech support scams... The countries targeted the most by tech support
It should be noted that the countries that had most reported tech support scams were the US, UK, France, Australia and Germany. In total, Symantec blocked more than 100 million tech support scams last year (globally)," he added.
Kaura noted that sophisticated cyber criminal groups are duplicating the skill sets of nation-state attackers.
- Earth's satellites, power grids and planes may have more time to prepare against the threat of solar flares
- These are India’s top 10 'most livable' cities, according to the government's Ease of Living Index 2020
- Flipkart is reportedly looking to list in US via a blank cheque firm
- Smartphone brand OPPO will launch new fitness band on March 9
- Ahead of its electric three-wheeler launch, EV startup Euler Motors raises ₹30 crore