You can buy drone insurance to protect you from 160,000 drones a year in the skies
But he's more than just a hobbyist.He's convinced that drones are going to be a big deal for the insurance company in two ways. First, they are going to help insurers get to disasters and accident scenes faster, fly around and access damage. That's why in April, AIG obtained its corporate drone license, Brady said.
AIG is also looking at the day when commercial drones are legal and everywhere. The Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International predicts that by 2025, US businesses will be buying 160,000 drones a year, Brady says.All those drones will become a big deal for insurance companies because having that many of them flying around "creates risk," he said.
Thinking ahead, AIG is already selling drone insurance for everything from protecting your expensive commercial drone, to covering you for liability if your drone gets into an accident.We can't help thinking that AIG is looking at the future and seeing this Audi commercial:
- Popular devotional singer Narendra Chanchal passes away at 80
- Indian School of Business ranked 1st in India, 44th globally as per MBA Ranking 2021 by The Economist
- 25 kg gold jewellery and ₹96,000 cash stolen at gunpoint from Muthoot Finance branch in Tamil Nadu
- Rajasthan: Budget session from February 10
- IPL players auction to be held on February 18, says BCCI official