YouTube TV is rolling out a bunch of new features to woo cord cutters away from cable TV
YouTube's streaming alternative to cable TV has earned rave reviews since its launch nearly two years ago - but YouTube isn't resting on its laurels.
On Thursday, YouTube TV introduced a bunch of new features that improve the user experience of the subscription streaming service and enhance its DVR capabilities.
The new features come as YouTube TV continues to expand its content menu beyond its existing selection of cable TV and traditional TV channels. Earlier this week, Cordcutters.com reported that the NBA League Pass would soon become available on YouTube for $40 a month or $249 for the entire 2018-19 season.
As a growing number of consumers look for ways to "cut the cord," YouTube TV has emerged as one of the stronger alternatives to traditional cable TV. Here's how AllianceBernstein analyst Tony Sacconaghi Jr. put it in a May report:
"YouTube TV remains a shockingly good deal," the analyst wrote. "And remember, this is with no yearly contract, and no hidden fees. The cost savings are only part of the story...the fact of the matter is that YouTube TV is not merely cheaper than cable TV, but it is also better."
The newest YouTube TV features, most of which will automatically update for users, are another step forward. Check out some of the coolest new features coming to YouTube TV:
Get the latest Google stock price here.
You can now choose to whether to watch a show, say a sports event or your favorite series, via video-on-demand or a DVR version.
YouTube TV added a dark theme to cut down on glare.
YouTube TV also tweaked its Live TV tab.
Sports fans can also shield themselves from spoilers.
What upgrade would be complete without a tie-in to Google Home?
- Flipkart and Tiger Global have a billion dollar notice to respond to in the next 90 days
- Virender Sehwag’s athleisure brand, VS by Sehwag aims at achieving Rs 100 crores in revenue over the next 3 years; here’s Sehwag’s roadmap for FY22
- Tokyo Olympics: India win bronze in men’s hockey, historic moment as Manpreet Singh’s boys beat Germany
- INTERVIEW: MoEngage, which helps companies like Domino's engage with customers, wants an office in New York and 150 techies in India
- Vodafone Idea, Titan, RIL and other top stocks to watch out for on August 5