A 22-year-old art student met her biological mom for the first time, and captured the whole experience in pictures
Photographer Ashley Comer was born, and raised by adoptive parents in Milton, Massachusetts.She grew up in a tight-knit family of adopted children, but became more and more curious about her birth mother as she grew up.
After reconnecting, the two were finally able to meet again after 22 years."I discovered that the law in regards to my adoption does not permit any information [about my biological parents] until the age of twenty-one, so I was only a year ahead of what was legal anyhow," Comer told Business Insider.
She decided to turn the experience into a photo series, called "Meeting Sheila." It started out as a series of candids during their first weekend together, but as they grew closer, the subsequent photographs were born of collaboration, and the project served as an icebreaker as they reconnected.Comer spoke to Business Insider about the project and shared images with us.
- Infosys had a great year but CEO Salil Parekh expects the next one to be more than twice as good
- Infosys will buy back shares at ₹1,750 — more than what some analysts had expected
- Best broadband plans in India in 2021 – JioFiber, Airtel Xstream Fiber and ACT Fibernet
- IPL 2021: Royal Challengers Bangalore have beaten Sunrisers Hyderabad 7 out of 18 times they played each other
- Publicis Groupe consolidates Data Science, Programmatic and Media Tech with Zenith and Starcom, under a common leadership