A 70-year-old grandmother who spends 14 hours a day tweeting hundreds of messages in support of Donald Trump was reportedly flagged as a bot
- Twitter has been suspending or freezing accounts belonging to real people, the AP reports.
- Some of the accounts have been flagged for their frequency in which they're used. For instance, an account belonging to 70-year-old grandmother Nina Tomasieski who tweets for 14 hours a day has been shut down multiple times, according to the AP.
In an effort to shut down automated accounts on its platform, Twitter has suspended or frozen the accounts belonging to real people whose behavior mimics that of bots.One such account that's been repeatedly flagged belongs to Nina Tomasieski, a 70-year-old grandmother who tweets as many as 1,000 times a day in support of President Donald Trump, reports Associated Press reporter Sara Burnett.
For Tomasieski, this means sending out a perpetual stream of content on Twitter, including retweeting the president, clips from Fox News, and quotes from the Bible.Tomasieski told the AP that her account has been suspended or frozen multiple times, and that, as far as Twitter is concerned, she's considered a bot.
Twitter's treatment of accounts supporting Donald Trump faced scrutiny last month when it was reported that the site was demoting accounts belong to prominent Republicans.Read the full story over at the AP here.
NOW WATCH: The best phone you can buy for under $500
- HUL aims to achieve 100% plastic waste collection this year
- India now allows you to avail a discount on flight ticket if you are not carrying a check-in baggage
- Leader of Opposition, 4 other Cong MLAs suspended for rest of Budget session over alleged manhandling of Himachal Pradesh Governor. PTI DJI SMN ASH ASH
- Levi’s ad with global ambassador Deepika Padukone aims at inspiring a culture of sisterhood and celebrate individuality
- Property tax in Telangana can now be paid via WhatsApp