A bunch of the companies involved in Warren Buffett's $1 billion NCAA contest last year ended up suing each other
Evan Pike-USA TODAY Sports
And though no one actually won the $1 billion, CNNMoney reported Thursday that the contest ended in a big legal battle for the companies involved.The contest was a collaboration between Yahoo, Berkshire Hathaway, and Quicken Loans. Then SCA Promotions, a small sweepstakes company, sued Yahoo for backing out of a contest deal with them.
Most recently, Yahoo subpoenaed Berkshire Hathaway in February, requesting all communication between the firm and SCA Promotions about the contest. Berkshire called the measure "overboard" and "burdensome," and asked a judge to throw out the subpoenas.So your shot at $1 billion probably won't be happening again this year.
- Hero MotoCorp, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors and other stocks to watch out for on May 6
- Over One lakh oxygen concentrators cleared by customs from April 24 to May 4
- Check out who all can travel to the US amidst uncertainty in international travel
- Water shortage might be on the way to worsen Delhi's COVID-19 crisis
- Himachal Pradesh government imposes curfew effective from tomorrow till May 16