A CEO shares the most impressive question a job candidate can ask
There will come a time in every job interview where the hiring manager turns the tables and asks, "Now do you have any questions for me?"
This is your opportunity to determine whether the job is a good fit, and your last chance to impress the hiring manager - so it's imperative that you ask the right questions.
Last year, Dave Kerpen, CEO of Likeable Local and author of "Likeable Social Media," asked a few of his friends at the Young Entrepreneur Council (YEC), an invite-only organization comprised of the world's most promising young entrepreneurs, to share the one most impressive interview question applicants have asked (or that they wish applicants would ask).
Kerpen says the single most impressive question a candidate can ask is: How will the work I'll be doing contribute to the organization's mission?
"This question tells me so much," Kerpen explained to Business Insider. "First, it says that the applicant is a big thinker. Second, it tells me that the applicant isn't just looking for a job - she's looking for something to believe in. I want these people working for us."
Finally, he said, it tells him that the person cares about his company's vision, mission, and plan - and wants to contribute from the start. "This question can lead to a great discussion and a quick determination about whether there's a mutual fit," Kerpen said.
- A massive study from Israel suggests older adults were far less likely to develop severe COVID-19 after a booster shot, but the finding carries major limitations
- Everything you need to know about iOS 15: Release date, new features, supported devices
- Watch SpaceX launch 4 space tourists into Earth's orbit
- Wealth management firm White Oak Capital gets SEBI’s nod to enter mutual fund business
- IPO-bound Pine Labs raises another $100 million
- Virat Kohli to step down as India’s T20 captain, says he had ‘immense workload’ over the years
- India's bad bank gets government nod — green lights NARCL with ₹30,600 crore guarantee
- Byju’s acquires yet another coding-for-kids startup, this time an American one