A CFL lineman celebrated a touchdown by chugging a real beer and smashing the can on his helmet
- The Ottawa Redblacks defeated the Toronto Argonauts, 24-9, on Friday night.
- Following one Redblacks touchdown run, offensive lineman Jon Gott ran to the fans, grabbed a beer from his girlfriend, and chugged it.
- Gott drank the beer while still wearing his helmet and then smashed the can against it.
- After the game, Gott said he had been contemplating the celebration for about five years and had to do it because it was the final regular-season game.
- When asked about how the CFL might react to the stunt, he replied with a sly grin, "it was water, it was nothing though, it was just water."
Here is the celebration, via ESPN. The full highlight and post-game interview can be seen below.