A character on 'Game of Thrones' may have predicted a major plot point three seasons ago
This post contains spoilers for "Game of Thrones."
This came after Littlefinger, sometimes a friend and sometimes an enemy of the Starks, offered to help Sansa take back Winterfell and Sansa said no.
Littlefinger is an enigmatic character. His loyalties can change depending on the day. Throughout the show's run, he has betrayed the Starks and helped them as well. Nobody seemed to realize that Lord Baelish had an entire army behind him.
However, there was one person who saw it coming. And it's not who you'd expect.
An Imgur user dug up a conversation between Lord Varys and Olenna Tyrell from the season three episode "And Now His Watch Is Ended." Scroll through the images and you'll find a striking piece of dialogue:
"Littlefinger was born with no lands, no wealth, no armies," Varys said. "He has acquired the first two. How long before he has the army?"
Olenna then agrees with him that Littlefinger is not to be trusted.
It would not be surprising if Varys knew that Littlefinger was going to command an army.
It has been heavily implied since Littlefinger killed Lysa Arryn in season four that he acquired her army, known as the Knights of Vale. Varys always seems to know all the gossip in Westeros and across the sea. So it would be no shocker if he knew about this as well.
Another thing that both Varys and Olenna know, that nobody else seems to realize, is how dangerous Littlefinger is. In season five, he promised to take Winterfell back for Cersei.
There is no word yet of whether or not Littlefinger has stayed true to that promise to the Lannisters, but it is possible that the Starks' victory might not be such a happy ending after all.
- Slice payments app spies on photos, audio records and call history, says Google
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- Tesla is laying off workers who only just started and withdrawing employment offers as Elon Musk's job cuts begin
- Towards a Greener Footprint: Prioritising Carbon-Neutrality Makes Good Businesses Sense! Are Indian Firms Making the Transition?
- Netflix confirms an ad supported tier is coming to its streaming service by year end
- Accenture, Cognizant could see revenue growth but a strong US dollar could spoil the party
- Kharif sowing is off to a weak start with extended dry spells and floods
- Best ladder for home use in India