A Chiefs player is bringing a homeless man living in his truck to the AFC Championship game as a thank you for pulling his car out of the snow
- A homeless man in Kansas City named Dave Cochran helped pull Chiefs offensive lineman Jeff Allen's car out of the snow before the Chiefs' divisional playoff game against the Indianapolis Colts.
- After tracking down the Cochran, Allen got Cochran and his girlfriend two tickets to the Chiefs' AFC Championship game next weekend.
- Cochran, who lives in his car, said he's never been to a Chiefs game before and started crying when he saw the messages from Allen.
Kansas City Chiefs offensive lineman Jeff Allen is thanking a good Samaritan for helping him out of the snow with tickets to the AFC Championship game.According to 41 Action News, Allen's car got stuck in the snow on his way to the Chiefs' divisional game against the Indianapolis Colts on Saturday, when Dave Cochran, a homeless man living out of his car in Kansas City, decided to help.Advertisement
Allen first tweeted that he was trying to track down a local man who helped him.
Cochran told Action News that he saw a few cars stuck on the side of the road during a snowstorm, and after helping one car get out, he pulled up to Allen. Cochran said he didn't realize that Allen was a Chiefs player.
Cochran said he saw Allen's Texas license plates and knew he couldn't navigate the snow.After Allen tracked down Cochran, he got he and Cochran's girlfriend - who lives with Cochran and their dog in Cochran's car - tickets to the Chiefs' AFC Championship game against the New England Patriots next weekend.Advertisement
Cochran has never been to a Chiefs game before.
"That's a natural habit for me is to help people," Cochran said. "I don't expect nothing in return."Watch the 41 Action News segment below:Advertisement
- Read more:
- Andy Reid scolded Chiefs fans during playoff game for throwing snowballs at Colts punter
- Saints coach Sean Payton wheeled out the Lombardi trophy, a Super Bowl ring, and $200,000 of cash to motivate his players before the playoffs
- Tom Brady mocks critics after Patriots' latest evisceration of a playoff opponent: 'Everybody thinks we suck, we can't win any games'
- Bill Belichick made an unusual decision at the start of the Patriots game to surprise his team - and players say it 'fired' them up
My car got stuck in the snow before the game & a nice guy named Dave help pull me out without knowing I was a player. I want to give him tickets to the AFC championship game for helping but don't have a way to contact him. He drove a 97 or 98 Black Suburban. Pls RT #ChiefsKingdom- Jeff Allen (@JeffAllen71) January 13, 2019
Hours before the @Chiefs playoff game against the #Colts @JeffAllen71 was stuck in the snow. That is when Dave pulled over to help. Now he is heading to the AFC championship game. #LetsRoll If you would like to help Dave you can email me: firstname.lastname@example.org@41actionnews pic.twitter.com/DUhPFcUgbn- Steven Dial (@StevenDialTV) January 13, 2019
- How to install the Paytm app on Xiaomi, Samsung and other phones
- Angel Broking's IPO opens at ₹305 to 306 on September 22
- Farm Bills 2020: PM Modi says opposition parties are 'lying' to the farmers
- India Ratings gives the banking sector a 'negative' outlook for the second half of this financial year
- Paytm says your money is safe and the app will be back soon on Play Store