A Chinese smartphone company just released the big new feature we're expecting to see in the iPhone 6S before Apple did
It's all we've been hearing about for months from analysts and journalists that are usually accurate when it comes to Apple leaks.But Chinese smartphone maker Huawei just released its own new smartphone called the Mate S, with Force Touch technology baked into its screen. The announcement comes just days before Apple is expected to introduce its new iPhone on Sept. 9.
The technology is expected to work similarly in the iPhone 6S, offering shortcuts, access to menus, and other handy tricks that could make it easier to zip around iOS.And, based Huawei's product description for the Mate S, it sounds like the Force Touch feature on its new phone is almost exactly the same.
Huawei writes:Huawei's innovative Force Touch technology, available in select markets, perceives different levels of pressure on the screen - allowing the user to complete different actions - such as zooming in to a photo or launching an app - by applying increasing pressure. This technology also allows the screen to be used as an approximate scale. But this is just the start; Huawei looks forward to bringing more new and unique Force Touch applications to life.Here's a better glimpse at what the Mate S looks like. It comes with a 5.5-inch screen and is available in silver, gold, and a rose gold-like color.
- Crypto exchange Bitex’s new utility token aims to simplify trading in rupee
- L’Oréal Paris and ambassadors Aditi Rao Hydari, Sobhita Dhulipala, Shakti Mohan and Mithali Raj share their heartfelt gratitude for heroes on International Nurses Day
- This cryptocurrency is valued at $45 billion, and it's just a day old
- India's geo imaging satellite launch delayed due to rising COVID-19 cases
- Gartner report reveals global chip shortage may continue till Q2 2022