It took Infosys 18 years to become a billion dollar company! Hike did that in just 3 years
India’s indigenous messaging app
It took the New Delhi-based start-up only 3 years and 8 months to achieve the feat, and in comparison to that, India's most valued tech company Flipkart took five years to enter the club, while Ola took its own sweet time of about four and half years.
Talking of veterans, IT industry giant Infosys took about 18 years to cross the milestone, says its annual filings.
One can argue that these private valuations are just vanity metrics, not indicating company’s actual values, unlike the oldies Infosys, MakeMyTrip and Info Edge, which have public market values.
Have a look at the journey of famous Indian companies that are a part of the Billion Dollar club, made by ET:
Popular on BI
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years
- There will be a major shift in the way Indians shop and consume brands
- Modi remembers Nehru and Sarvarkar in his speech today
- Made-in-India gun used for 1st time for ceremonial salute at Red Fort on Independence Day