A customizable burrito chain that was founded before Chipotle is now expanding across America
The 95-unit Austin-based chain debuted its new prototype last week, with a new location in Castle Hills, Texas, reports Nation's Restaurant News.
The company called the new design "modern industrial farmhouse" in a blog post about the location. It utilizes many features that have become popular at various trendy fast-casual chains, including digital menu boards, a reclaimed wood wall, and an open kitchen.
"We've come to realize that our culinary creations speak louder than our decor and our new design best supports our belief that great people deserve great food - and a great atmosphere to enjoy their meal in," reads the company blog post on the new design.
The new prototype is a part of Freebird's plan for growth, with all future restaurants incorporating the new look. Locations in Temple, Texas and Nashville, Tennessee are slated to open with the next design next year, reports Nation's Restaurant News.
Freebirds has been serving up "Chipotle-style" burritos before Chipotle was even founded, using a similar fast-casual customizable model.
The menu includes customizable bowls, burritos, salads, nachos, and quesadillas, with fillings like steak, carnitas, chicken, and Tempeh Calabacitas.
The company was founded in 1987 in California, and today has locations in seven states in the south and western US.
In 2007, private investment company Tavistock Group purchased Freebirds. Tavistock Group owns a number of small restaurant chains, including Abe & Louie's, Cafe del Rey, and Joe's American Bar & Grill, as well as investments including real estate, sports institutes, and energy companies.
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Chinese smartphone brands under scrutiny, government to check components, pre-installed apps: Report
- Best AMD desktop processors — which one to buy in India?
- Best AMD Ryzen laptops in India
- Best TVs with HDR support in India
- Bored Ape NFT sells for $2.7 million, making it the most expensive in Yacht Club collection
- Startup salaries have increased over 40% in the last six months
- Indian Employees
- Data Science Job
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- OLA electric scooter
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons