A Facebook exec who plans every moment of her day shares the routine that helps her get it all done
• Business Insider interviewed Facebook VP of product design Julie Zhuo about how she spends her days at the tech company.
• She broke down her daily routine, from her early morning workout to spending time with her family in the evening.
• Zhuo also discussed the strategies she uses to get her work done and live a balanced life.
For Facebook VP of product design Julie Zhuo, being intentional is key.
That's reflected in her daily routine.
Zhuo has worked at Facebook for over 11 years, having joined the team back when the company only had about 100 employees. She's worked on products like Facebook's newsfeed, the like button, and user profiles. Now she oversees the design of many of Facebook's core user experiences - and a team of more than 250 employees.
"Facebook is a very mission-oriented place," she told Business Insider. "Most of the people that work here really care about building community and making tools that help bring people closer together. That's a huge part of why I've been here for so long, and I think many of the people I work with are here."
Zhuo recently chronicled her daily schedule, habits, and strategies for Business Insider. Here's what a day in the life of one Facebook exec looks like:
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- Elon Musk hits out at viral videos of DINK couples, saying there's an 'awful morality' to those who choose not to have children
- Married couples often share high blood pressure, study shows
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue
- A Japanese Start-Up Is Testing a Rocket Powered Entirely By Rocket Fuel Created From Cow Dung!
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns