A Fascinating Glimpse Of Ordinary Life In North Korea
He's made a habit of traveling to uncommon places that don't usually go on other travelers' radars.
When in 2011, he got a chance to travel to North Korea through Beijing-based Koryo Tours, he jumped.
While in the isolated nation, he was ushered around by his North Korean guides, who, in between spouting anti-American rhetoric, made sure that he saw just how well the country was doing.
What he found was that, despite the strong antagonism between the United States and North Korea, the people were not that much different.
"For me, I was most intrigued by the fact that the people are in many ways similar to us," Gellman told The World radio program.
- Best collar mics for video recordings and podcasts
- Best smartphones with 120Hz refresh rate
- Best HDMI switchers you can get for your TV
- Best 7.1 gaming headphones for a surround sound experience
- The last Solar Eclipse of 2021: Date, time and everything you need to know