A former Google and Square engineer just sold his $14 million Brooklyn mansion
The Mattis family purchased the 6,865-square-foot townhouse from actors Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany in 2008. They paid $8.45 million for the home and spent years completing an extensive renovation of its interiors.
Mattis was working as a software engineer at Google at the time, but he found that the company's neighborhood in Manhattan wasn't a great place to raise a family.
"I hear people complain about the strollers in Park Slope," he told the New York Times in 2009. "But try taking a stroller out in SoHo. SoHo is not exactly family-friendly."
After Google, Mattis went on to a software engineer job at Square. He's currently the VP of engineering at Cockroach Labs.
Mattis also cofounded photo-messaging company Viewfinder and is known for his work on the GNU Image Manipulation Program.
- Tata Tech and Gandhar Oil shine on debut, while Fedbank falters
- Va va vroom:Tata Technologies stock doubles investor money on debut
- Former US Secretary of State Henry Kissinger dies aged 100
- Women distributors rake in the moolah as investors across Bharat say Mutual Funds Sahi Hai
- Towards a brighter tomorrow: India's G20 Presidency and the dawn of a new multilateralism